Jack Kennedy is one of the founders of Kennedy Watkins LLC. Jack is passionate about representing victims of catastrophic personal injuries and their families and has tried numerous cases to verdict. Jack also prosecutes and defends appeals on behalf of the firm's clients in the Illinois Appellate Court, Illinois Supreme Court, and federal appellate courts.
Jack has had substantial responsibility for the following matters.
- Whitehead v. CTA: $10,000,000 settlement on behalf of a client who sustained a leg and pelvis injury in a bus crash case. The settlement offer was extended after Jack secured a court order barring the defendant's liability expert from testifying.
- Johnson v. City of Chicago: $8,500,000 jury verdict on behalf of a mother whose son was shot and killed by a Chicago police officer. The jury rejected defendants' contention that the victim was pointing a gun at the officer at the time of the shooting.
- Brown v. Whiteline Express, Inc.: Confidential settlement in a truck crash case where the teenage victim died. This case settled right before jury selection.
- Harris v. E & R Towing & Garage, Inc.: $7,365,000 jury verdict in favor of a client whose husband was killed in a truck collision on the Dan Ryan expressway.
- Love v. Shah, 09 L 8164: $2,100,000 verdict in favor of client who sustained a leg injury after his doctor failed to diagnose a MRSA infection.
- Williams v. BNSF Ry. Co, 2015 IL App (1st) 121901-B: Jack successfully defended, against multiple rounds of appeals, a $1,338,480 verdict in favor of a client who sustained a back injury while working for a railroad
- Kitchen v. Dallas County, 13-10545: On appeal, Jack successfully overturned a judgment entered against a client in a case involving the sudden death of a jail inmate.